If you and your fiance are golf enthusiasts, consider holding your wedding and reception at a local or destination golf club. The expansive green course will provide a serene backdrop to your nuptials, and the club can also provide elegant indoor venue options as well.
You can either hold your wedding and reception at a golf club in your area, like Peoria Pines Golf & Restaurant, or choose one in your favorite warm-weather vacation spot, such as Florida or Arizona, if you're having a winter wedding. Golf club weddings are convenient since on-site event planners can work with you to plan the perfect day, and guests won't have to travel from the wedding to the reception location.
Here are some tips for planning a wedding and reception at a golf club venue:
1. As with any venue, make your reservations as far in advance as possible, especially if you're planning a wedding at a popular location at a popular time, such as in Orlando, FL in the winter. The further in advance you can plan, the more likely you'll be to get your preferred date.
2. Ask what other type of outdoor settings, besides the golf course itself, are available for private events. Some possible options include lagoons, duck ponds, rustic stone terraces, and even lakes. Some clubs also feature charming nuptial backdrops such as gazebos and large water fountains.
If you'll be hosing the reception outdoors as well, find out if you can have a dance floor installed if you plan to have live music or a DJ, and what time you can hold the event until. The club may also have a covered pavilion that you can utilize, which will give you a natural outdoor setting with the security of a roof in case it rains.
3. If you prefer to host the wedding reception indoors, make sure that the venue's country club can hold the amount of guests you're expecting. Some golf clubs also offer spacious banquet halls for larger events.
4. Decide if you're going to use the club's in-house caterer, if one is provided, or hire your own. You may be able to save money by getting a package deal that includes the venue and catering services.
5. Tailor your wedding reception decor to correspond to the venue, whether it's a rustic pavilion overlooking the golf course or a luxurious country club. In either location, hanging soft white string lights or lanterns will provide a warm, romantic glow throughout the space.
For themed table decor you can use in both indoor and outdoor venues, fill clear glass vases halfway with golf balls, and then add water and bouquets of fresh flowers.Share
9 November 2016
When you're hosting a party, you have to carefully consider all you will need for your guests. My name is Lila, and I have always loved planning my friends' parties. I've helped with wedding receptions, children's birthday parties, baby showers, retirement parties and other celebrations. When you plan an event, one way to get stuck is to forget to rent something you need. Whether it's chairs, kitchen supplies, a bouncy house or something else, it's important to know what you need when you begin your plans. I'll show you how to anticipate what to rent and how to find the best rental company with the right fees.